Use a Computer
8 internet computers available in the front of the library
- 2 regular and 2 mini iPads for in-Library use
- We have free wireless internet service provided by Frontier available for laptops.
Holstein Public Library Internet Policy
The Holstein Public Library does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. The internet is a global entity witha highly diverse user population and Patrons use it at their own risk.
Parents or Guardians, not the library staff, are responsible for teh internet information selected and/or accessed by their children. Parents and only parents may restrict their and only their children from access to the Internet resources accessible through the library. Parents are advised to supervise their children's internet sessions.
Have fun exploring the internet, but please remember that many items you will find the specific information in the Library through books, periodicals, etc.
- To use the internet, patrons must be in good standing with the library. This includes no overdue materials.
- You must sign at the desk to use the Internet.
- You must check in with a library staff person on duty before using the internet
- Only one person may be at an internet computer at one time, unless it is a parent assisting a child.
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the machine.
- Staff members will be responsible for turning the equipment on and off.
- Users are responsible for damage or misuse of the equipment. If you notice something is wrong, please report it immediately.
- There is no fee to use the internet. There is a charge of 25 or 50 cents per sheet for paper and ink use.
- Users may not use their own software or any attachments. This is to protect our system from virus.
- Misuse of computers or Internet access will result in loss of computer privileges. Length of the suspension is at the discretion of the library staff.